Please add these dates to your calendar: June 9-11, 2017, for the next Band Alumni and Friends Reunion on the Truman campus.
Truman/NMSU Alumni Band Reunion
- 1 p.m.- 4 p.m. registration in Ophelia Parrish Foyer: Get acquainted time in lobby area with Coffee, Tea, cookies available. Sign up sheets for various performance groups available.
- 2 p.m. Tours of Campus
- 3 p.m. Optional General session: Review weekend activities, sign up sheets for “alumni performance groups” Pictures and memorabilia in the hallway. Please bring any photos, programs, documents that you would like to share with everyone.
- 6:00 p.m. Reception at Dukum: Appetizers served. Open bar available. Food available to order. An Alumni Jazz combo will be performing. Recognition of several guests, alumni and faculty past and present.
- 8:30 a.m. Registration continues in OP Foyer: Coffee, tea, water, donuts and cookies available. Sign up for Tours of Campus.
- 9:00 a.m. Wind Symphony/Symphonic Band hour. Reading and performance of all the great band music you want to play one more time. Col. Tom Palmatier, Conductor of U.S. Army Band, retired; Dan Peterson, and Dr. Curran Prendergast will be conducting.
- 10:15-11:15 a.m. Jazz Band hour. Reading and performance of some of the outstanding jazz music the jazz bands have performed over the years. A Special Recognition of the 50th anniversary of the Phi Mu Alpha Jazz Festival. Dr. Roger Cody, Dr. Greg Jones, and Bob Long conducting
- 11:30 a.m. – General Meeting: Short review of the past years and thoughts about the Alumni Group and where and how if can help plan and support the future of the bands.
- 12:00 p.m. BBQ Lunch at the Newman Center: Barbecue with burgers, dogs, brats, chips and sodas.
- 1:15 p.m. Brass Choir hour in the performance hall. All of the favorite Roger Cody compositions and several others will be performed. Dr. Roger Cody, Dr. Greg Jones conducting.
- 1:15 p.m. Clarinet Choir hour in 2340. Dr. Jesse Krebs and Dr. David Nichols conducting.
- 1:15 p.m. Saxophone ensemble hour in 2350 Dr. Randy Smith conducting.
- 2 :30 p.m. Break out sessions for “era” groups: (1950- 1978 years Strub, Duden,Scott) (1978-2017 years Peterson, Prendergast)….to discuss Planning the future ideas….suggestions.
- 3 p.m. Gamblers/Statesmen hour in OP: Shenandoah anyone?
- 5:30 p.m. Happy Hour.
- 6:45 p.m. Dinner
- 8:00 p.m. Banquet program
- Welcome from Dr. James O’Donnell, Dean of Arts and Science, and Dr. Jay Bulen, Chairman of the Music Department.
- Banquet program: “Honor the Past, Plan the Future.”
- Recognition of Randy Smith retirement, Recognition of former faculty, Dr. Roger Cody, Dr. David Nichols, Dr. Greg Jones, Steve Seward, Col. Thomas Palmatier, US Army Band Conductor, retired.
- Thoughts about Truman Bands from Curran Prendergast.
- Thoughts and Thank You’s from Dan Peterson
- Era/group breakfasts organized on your own
- Golf will be available.
Interested? Submit the form below to RSVP.